NASW Assurance Services (ASI) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of NASW and exists to manage member insurance programs with the social worker’s best interests in mind. We work hard to be a socially responsible organization dedicated to improving the lives of social workers.
In all our insurance products, we offer excellent value: the best possible product to meet the specific needs of NASW member social workers at the most competitive group rates. ASI understands the abundant rewards of social work. We also understand the importance of assessing and minimizing risk when working in today’s litigious society.
As social workers become increasingly subject to malpractice lawsuits, defense against such claims, even when they are groundless or fraudulent, can be extremely expensive. Consequently, malpractice insurance is no longer simply an option for social workers; it’s a necessity.
With more than 40 years of experience in participating in the management of the insurance programs, ASI offers one of the largest, strongest, most stable programs in the world written expressly for social workers.
Our staff has done the research and legwork needed to select a high-quality, affordable program tailored to the broad scope of professional social work practice. We manage the program to ensure that members receive excellent, caring customer service. We provide chapters and members risk management education and tools. And importantly, we will advocate on your behalf if you’re unfairly denied coverage or renewal.
Unlike many insurance companies that focus on creating profits for corporate shareholders, our goal is to pay program expenses that invest in initiatives that benefit NASW member social workers and advance the profession.
We offer Professional Liability Insurance for Individuals – both Professionals and Students, Schools, Partnerships, Corporations, and Agencies. In addition, we offer a variety of products to enrich the lives of social workers and their families.
ASI’s offices are located in Frederick, Maryland.
Resources for Social Workers
- Not a member of NASW? Click here to Join NASW Today!
- For more information on malpractice and our professional liability insurance, visit our https://naswinsure.com
- For professional development opportunities, visit the Practice and Professional Development section of the NASW website.
- Click here to see if a Risk Management Workshop is scheduled in your area.
- Have a Question or Comment? We are here to help. You can contact us by using our online form.
- Need a Phone Number for an Application, Renew a Policy, or Claim? Check our Customer Service Directory.
- Download an application, begin a quote, or start an online application here.