General Liability & Cyber Liability Protection
New General Liability and Cyber Liability Protection Now Available Exclusively to NASW members
Did you know that you can be sued if one of your clients is injured at your office, or if sensitive client data and records are lost? NASW does!
NASW Assurance Services, Inc. (ASI) is pleased to announce the launch of its new General Liability and Cyber Liability Insurance Programs. NASW members can add either or both of these optional coverages to their existing NASW-Endorsed Professional Liability Insurance Policy.
Why Do you Need General and Cyber Liability Protection?
General Liability Protection is a critical option that protects your practice in case injury or property damage occurs to others as a result of your business operations. Your practice can be sued for almost anything:
- Property damage
- Bodily/personal injury
- Advertising injury
- Fire legal liability
Individuals can add this option to their policy for $154 annual premium for $1,000,000/$3,000,000 limits.
Cyber Liability Protection is growing in popularity and necessity as technology continues to grow and so does the exposure now faced by businesses that operate online or store sensitive client data electronically on business computer systems. This coverage safeguards your practice when storing sensitive client data electronically or liabilities associated with doing business online. It helps protect your practice against the costs of security breaches. You are at risk of liability if any of these situations happen to you:
- Sensitive client data that has been stored on lost/stolen laptops or backup devices
- Improper disposal of computer equipment
- Hacked computer
- Negligent release of data
The HIPAA HITECH law holds social workers liable for data privacy breach by third-parties. Leaving businesses exposed to risk of a negligent act by a third-party partner and having to defend yourself in court.
Individuals can add this option to their policy for $59 annual premium for $5,000/$5,000 limits or $99 annual premium for $5,000/$12,000 limits.
The NASW-Endorsed Professional Liability Insurance Program is the only coverage endorsed by NASW. And these optional coverages make this program even better. Policyholders with the NASW-Endorsed Professional Liability Insurance Program enjoy:
- Access to licensed insurance representatives
- State-of-the-art website services equipped to handle individual quotes, online enrollment, and real-time certificate of insurance downloads.
- The “A” rated financial stability and backing from reinsurance companies, including Lloyd’s, London and Swiss Re, that go beyond the state insolvency guarantee funds, which are capped well below your policy limits.
- Access to knowledgeable risk management specialists and legal counsel on our Risk Management Helpline.
- Expanded policy limits, benefits, and coverage for you, at very competitive group rates.
- Coverage features that are uniquely appropriate for social work practitioners, such as subpoena coverage.
$35,000 Licensing Board Defense Coverage automatically included, increased from $5,000.
Why wait to have peace of mind? General Liability and Cyber Liability Protection added to your Professional Liability Policy gives you the broadest coverage possible.
Enroll today at https://www.naswassurance.org/enroll-today/home/ or call the NASW RRG Plan Administrator at 888-278-0038.
Not sure you need professional liability insurance? Visit this page to learn why you need to be protected and why you should choose NASW coverage.
You must currently have your malpractice insurance through the NASW-Endorsed Professional Liability Insurance Program, the ONLY program endorsed by your professional association. Small Groups, LLC’s and legal entities do not qualify for Cyber Liability Insurance. For General Liability rates for Small Groups and Agencies, please contact the NASW RRG Plan Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org/enroll-today.