Important Information about Improvements to
NASW Member Liability Insurance
Improved NASW-Endorsed member liability insurance
Dear NASW Member,
- Significant new discounts: 5% for applying online or by phone and 10% for attending a CEU risk management training that is sponsored by NASW Assurance Services and NASW.
- Access to insurance licensed customer services representatives at our new NASW-endorsed program administrator. They offer expanded hours of operation, including convenient evening and Saturday hours.
- State-of-the-art website services equipped to handle individual quotes, online enrollment, and real-time certificate of insurance downloads.
- The “A” rated financial stability and backing from Lloyd’s, London. With more than 300 years of experience, Lloyd’s, London has grown to become the world’s specialist insurance market in 200 nations, with an unparalleled reputation in the industry.
- Access to knowledgeable legal counsel on a Risk Management Helpline.
- Expanded policy limits, benefits, and coverage for you, at very competitive group rates.
- Coverage features that are uniquely appropriate for social work practitioners, such as subpoena coverage and student practicum coverage.
- $35,000 Licensing Board Defense Coverage automatically included, increased from $5,000.
- Free, retroactive coverage dating back to the initiation of your current NASW claims-made policy upon acceptance – all of the above program benefits and enhancements are included, and more.
Perhaps most importantly, only members enrolled in our NASW-Endorsed Professional Liability Insurance Program are protected by a dedicated advocacy team working on your behalf. No other liability insurance program has the oversight provided by NASW Assurance Services, NASW’s wholly-owned subsidiary. We serve as your program manager, working with experienced partners to provide you with the best product and service offerings possible.
Our efforts serve you by:
- Controlling the administrative costs to keep your premium costs low.
- Customizing benefits to stay current with the needs of our profession.
- Advocating on your behalf if you’re unfairly denied access to coverage or renewal.
- Managing the insurance partnership and making sure your voice is represented.
This is insurance by and for social workers. Instead of working on behalf of corporate shareholders, NASW Assurance Services works to serve you and the social work community.
Our new Professional Liability Insurance program administrator will provide NASW members with excellent customer service and will handle your policy application, coverage continuation, and administrative services. With over 25 years of experience, our program administrator specializes in providing liability insurance customer service for social workers and mental health professionals.
No other professional liability program is supported by NASW. Additionally, the enhanced benefits described above are only available through our NASW-Endorsed program.
Whether you are ready to continue your liability coverage with NASW’s new program or you’re interested in enrolling in this outstanding liability coverage for the first time, you can take advantage of the new discounts and have confidence that NASW Assurance Services and its capable program partners will make the process incredibly easy.
For up-to-the moment information about the enhanced NASW members-only Professional Liability Insurance Program, to apply or continue NASW-Endorsed coverage, or to obtain answers to frequently asked questions, please visit www.naswassurance.org or call NASW Member Services at 800-742-4089 (Monday thru Friday, 9:00 am –
9:00 pm ET).
We look forward to continuing to provide you with the best possible Professional Liability Insurance at very competitive group rates – you can have peace of mind knowing that your coverage is provided by the organization that you trust and that cares about you.
Tony Benedetto, MBA
Chief Executive Officer
NASW Assurance Services, Inc.
Not sure you need professional liability insurance? Visit this page to learn why you need to be protected and why you should choose NASW coverage.